Not For Profits
- DRESS TO IMPRESS"You never get a second chance to make a first impression." Students learn how everything from their attire and accessories to their personal grooming, body language and mannerisms create positive or negative impressions. They learn how these impressions, many times, have a direct impact on the opportunities they receive.
- SPEAKING WITH DISTINCTIONIn order to succeed in today's competitive environment it is essential that students speak well and communicate effectively. Students practice the four essential elements that will encourage employers and college interviewers to develop a favorable impression of them.
- EXHIBITING PROPER ETIQUETTEStudents role-play techniques for presenting themselves with the kind of polish and professionalism that shows they should be taken seriously. Topics include: proper workplace manners, common courtesies, greetings and introductions, and how to write a business thank you note.
- EMBARKING ON A SUCCESSFUL JOB SEARCHStudents begin their search for employment, by learning how to capitalize on each opportunity and distinguish themselves from the other applicants. Topics include: honing in on specific interests, fine tuning the search, filling out an application, using the “informational interview” to best advantage, and how to answer “ tricky” questions and ask particularly incisive ones.
- WRITING AN EFFECTIVE RÈSUMÈStudents learn the basics of what a résumé is and why it is important. They are taught how to create an effective tailored document that reflects who they are and reveals how they can benefit the organization to which they are applying.
- CREATING AN IMPRESSIVE COVER LETTERA cover letter is one of the most important documents that students will use as they embark on the job or college search. Students learn how to introduce themselves while highlighting how their qualifications will benefit and add value to the position, company or college to which they are applying.
- LEARNING INVALUABLE INTERVIEW TECHNIQUESStudents practice techniques and strategies, that will help them to appear intelligent, confident and capable, as well as role-play answering some of the most frequently asked interview questions. Formal mock interviews are also available with this program.
- DINING WITH ETIQUETTEThrough a formal sit-down luncheon, students practice the art of conversation while honing their dining skills. Students learn etiquette essentials that help them to appear polished and professional.
Additional components that are available with N-F-P programs are Staff Training and Parent Workshops. Enhance Your Chance® workbooks are also available to supplement instruction.